On Monday I pulled my back out putting on my boots for work and ended up leaving early. Then I was coming down the stairs out of our house and fell on the sidewalk, twisting my ankle and hurting both wrists. I put an ankle brace on and tried to take it easy, but around 4 in the evening I stepped down on my ankle and it popped and nearly had me in tears because it hurt so bad. I went to urgent care and was told that I had to take it easy for a few days because I’d sprained it pretty good.

Then I discovered that the microphone I bought didn’t have the setting I needed for recording the new Video course for my publisher. So I had to pack it up, take it back to the store, and get the microphone that was over twice as expensive as the previous one because it had the setting I needed.

On Wednesday I tried and tried and tried to record but the dogs I’m watching until next Tuesday kept either walking around behind me or barking when I was recording, meaning that I had to start over.

So I decided that I was going to take my desktop PC home this morning, record a few videos, do a character question and update the site, go to the print shop, then come back up to let the dogs out and pack up Etsy orders. So I packed up the whole computer- again- and headed out. I got set up in my office at home, was about to throw files on a thumb drive that needed to go to the print shop and then start recording…

When the power blinked off at home for a few seconds. It came back on immediately. However, my desktop… sorta didn’t. It’s done this to me before, where the power button is on but there’s no signal going to the monitor. It gets stuck in the sleep cycle, I think, and the only think that has worked in the past was to do some combination of unplugging everything, plugging it back in, hoping the stars are aligned, making a sacrifice, and praying in order for it to work again.

Two hours later, after unplugging and plugging back in, googling for solutions, screaming, throwing things, crying, pleading, and even trying on a different monitor, I had to pack up the computer and drive 30 minutes south to Best Buy to get it looked at. I figured that by the time I got down there the problem would have resolved itself.

Well, it didn’t resolve itself. I ended up have to pay $82 for a new power supply and for a technician to install it. I wouldn’t have paid for the install but I wanted to be sure before I drove 30 minutes north again that this fixed the problem.

An hour later the tech told me that my computer is living on borrowed time and that a motherboard failure is imminent. It’s not a matter of ‘if’, it’s a matter of ‘when’. The power supply fixed the problem for now but it’s not going to stop the myriad issues. I have had this computer for about 6-7 years and I’m surprised it’s lasted this long. I was already thinking about having to get a new one, before I bought the RAM to upgrade the computer.

So I sat in my car and cried for a good long while. Then I had lunch, because I was starving, and came back home. I set the computer back up and started backing up files. I grabbed my microphone and headed back up to let the dogs out. By then they had been shut up in the house for so long that there was pee on the floor.

Needless to say, I’m exhausted. I haven’t gotten anything done, aside from wasting a bunch of gas and giving myself a headache. It’s 6:40 p.m. and I’m ready to go crawl in to bed.

So basically… I’m sorry there’s nothing here but this blog post. There were circumstances beyond my control. I had a plan to get a lot done, and my computer decided to implode.

I don’t know what else to say other than that. Sorry again that there wasn’t an actual update, but I did everything I could.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Pin on PinterestShare on Tumblr